Saturday, September 8, 2012

A foray into wine - Pinot Evil Pinot Noir

I am not a wine drinker. Never really liked it. Where other people talk of tasting "pears" and "melons" or "hints of blackcurrants" and "notes of cherries", I only taste spoiled grapes. Though I've decided to experiment.

I work for the Liquor Control Board in Pennsylvania. For three years I coasted along, not really understanding wine until they sent me for my beginners wine class. I was impressed and found I actually did like a couple of the ones I tasted. I just finished my intermediate classes and am starting the optional advanced class this coming week. So now, here I am, doing my own personal social experiment.

I figured on starting with the French wines. I bought the cheapest Pinot Noir I could find, Pinot Evil Pinot Noir. Pinot Noir is a red, somewhat dry wine. I had it with dinner, barbecued chicken with mashed potatoes. It was definitely palatable to someone that really prefers rum.


No comments:

Post a Comment