Sunday, September 9, 2012

The screw cap.

Yes, the wine I chose has a screw cap. So what. It's the year 2012. Ha.

But anyway, I can't say for sure if it affects the taste or not, how would I know. Cork advocates say the cork allows the wine to get oxygen which is good for it. I say I hate using a corkscrew. I personally think it's a wine snob thing to want only corks. Just because it has a screw cap doesn't mean it is "cheap".

Anyhoo, I had another glass of it tonight, the Pinot Evil Pinot Noir with dinner. Pork and sauerkraut and twice baked potatoes. Not the most ideal meal to have it with, I didn't think it complemented it at all. A beef meal would be better, but it's all I had. We did have the wine with some sharp cheddar cheese which did go well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment