Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chardonnay

Well, I finished the chapter on Chardonnay in the Idiot's Guide. Interesting. I did pick up a few pointers. For a lighter tasting Chardonnay, opt for an unoaked brand, or one from a cooler climate. I actually want to try a comparison between  an oaked and unoaked one from the same company. The only one I've seen that does that is Yellow Tail.
California Sonoma Coast, or Mendocino, Chile, Western Australia, New Zealand and Burgundy France were recommended for cooler climate, crisper Chardonnays.

For a more "buttery" flavor, oaked Chardonnays from California's central valley or southeastern Australia are a good idea. Languedoc France as well. Dry Creek Valley would be a good choice.

I have one in mind I am going to pick up (cuz I have a coupon of course :-) .

No comments:

Post a Comment