Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cupcake Angel Food

Picked up a bottle of Cupcake Angel Food. It is a white wine blend. I admit, I was drawn to the bottle and the name. I mean, Angel Food? Doesn't that sound yummy? And the description sounds wonderful as well. Looking over the bottle and the website, I tried to find out what grapes were in this blend, all I come up with is it is a proprietary blend with an emphasis on Chardonnay which is what I think I taste the most. It is dry, but a little crisp and has a nice aroma to it. As for the hints of "pears and Granny Smith apples", wellllll, no. I never really taste all those little nuances as I've said before. At first sip I didn't like it too much, but it did grow on me a bit. I don't think I would buy it again though. I could see it pairing well with a salad.
I will have to give other Cupcake wines a try, I do hear they are very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment