Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The White Wine Sangria

Well, the other night we decided to experiment and make a white sangria. We had a half bottle of the Cupcake Angel Food left (which I didn't particularly care for), so I had to do something with it. I poked around on the internet and found a recipe which I doctored to my taste.

I added what was left of the wine, sugar, orange juice, crushed pineapple and ginger ale. It almost tasted like a Mimosa. Over lots of ice. I liked it, though I made it a bit too sweet I think. I would do that again, except maybe not with a wine with so much Chardonnay in it, a little too buttery for my taste. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle of something today.

I actually have some red wine left over from another bottle. Red Sangria coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment